Vintage-Tees

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Visiting The Ancient Yew

Many years ago when my partner and I were spending time in England, we heard from some locals about the oldest yew tree, and since the tree wasn't too terribly far from where we were staying, we had a taxi take us to this ancient yew tree in the English countryside.

Many people probably wouldn't go out of their way for a TREE, but I'm different because I'm a passionate tree lover, and I believe trees are living beings. I commune with trees.

The second photo isn't really that great, but if you examine it, the age of this yew tree is stated as 1700 years old! That's a tree who's been there and done that! Imagine the wisdom of this tree, and imagine the things it's witnessed!

However, I now read on the net that another yew tree in Scotland hold the record of being the oldest tree.

Yews were often planted on ley lines, and later on in history churches were built on these sacred power places, and that is why you often find yew trees near churches in England.

For those that don't know much about trees, yews were holy guardians in many cultures and considered the MOST sacred tree! Click here for more info about yews.




Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 1:51 PM

2 Comments

  • Blogger TorAa posted at 5:44 PM  
    Fascinating story. I love these kind of tales - with a kind of reality in folks and natures mind
  • Blogger Sue posted at 6:49 PM  
    I soooo have to visit this site, and touch the tree ... :) Just checking out your other sites tonight... :)
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link