Vintage-Tees

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Dalai Lama and Newton's Third Law


You've not seen me around this blog in a long, long time, and in the meantime I've experienced many wondrous journeys I will share as time allows. But since it's His Holiness the Dalai Lama's 75th birthday today, I am going to touch upon the subject of Newton's Third Law in respect to my photo-op with His Holiness.

Let me remind you of Newton's Third Law: 'For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action."

I re-learned this lesson after posting the photo online of the Dalai Lama and me holding hands in his garden at his home in Dharmasala, India. This photo was precious to me as it reminded me of the semi-private audience myself and three others shared one magical day many years ago with His Holiness. At the end of our time together, the Dalai Lama walked us to his garden outside, and a member of his staff used my digital camera to capture this special photo-op and moment in time.

My partner and I had our photos framed, and they still remain on the wall of our study/gym. However, they are no longer posted on the internet because of the reaction from others. Our joy & experience didn't translate to 'some' for I soon encountered the 'opposing' reactions of jealousy and envy. These reactions went something like this: How dare she have an audience with him! Who does she think she is? Why not me?! And so on and so forth.

There is always a reaction to one's good fortune it seems. There is the famous Academy Award winner reaction. If a woman win's this award, inevitably she has something equally horrible to experience not long after wards. Such happened to Sandra Bullock after her recent win.

The universe constantly balances itself. Lottery winners often meet adversity shortly after their grand win. Winners of anything unfortunately encounter this immutable law. We live in a polarity world. I've become incredibly keen on observing how often this law operates ever since my lesson of posting the Dalai Lama photo online.

And today, July 6th, on the Dalai Lama's 75th birthday, I'd like us all to IMAGINE and INTEND a world of UNITY--a world of balance, love, and compassion.

It's time to move on from this 3-D world and Newton's Third Law. Aren't we all finally ready to graduate?!

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by Kuanyin Moi at 2:10 PM

10 Comments

  • Anonymous kitchen taps posted at 10:53 PM  
    Your blog always give us some information which is useful for us.The experience you share for your latest journey is amazing.Dalai Lama's 75th birthday, who remember all this.Nice posting..
  • Anonymous Live Chat Support posted at 11:41 PM  
    Thank you for this post. It make me think about what dalai lama teaches us.
  • Anonymous tym123 posted at 12:43 AM  
    I like your post..thanks
  • Anonymous cheap colored contact lenses posted at 5:21 AM  
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this subject. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with more information? It is extremely useful for me.
  • Anonymous kitchen taps posted at 6:06 AM  
    Your blog is a great asset!
  • Anonymous video driver posted at 9:16 PM  
    thank u for the post, i like it.
  • Anonymous Time Piece Trader posted at 6:27 AM  
    I love your post. thank you
  • Anonymous craig posted at 10:38 PM  
    Great blog. Lots of websites like yours cover subjects that just aren't covered by magazines. I don't know how we got on 10 years ago with just newspapers and magazines.
  • Anonymous jayminmartyn posted at 3:46 AM  
    Thank you so much for this wonderful Information. I read your posts many times and I love it what a informative Post it is!
  • Anonymous Broderie Iasi posted at 6:08 AM  
    Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link